Saturday, November 17, 2007

Coming Together




November 17, 2007




Today was our 2nd Fields of Promise 5K at Grace EPC. This year I was going to train and I started one Sunday afternoon, but when we found out Vince had to work this weekend, I knew I couldn't do it with 3 girls. So the girls and I went to help out with refreshments. Haley and Lila were busy playing spy around the halls. What is so great about this 5K is that all the proceeds help fund/completely fund a home for 24 orphans, staff, furniture, clothing, food, etc. We raised $4000 last year and hopefully we did the same or better this year. They have 10 kids currently living in the home and 4 more are expected this week...and they are all ready for a forever family!!! Check out their website!


Last night Vince and I went to the Westar Christmas Party, which was held at the New Theater Restaurant. We saw Church Basement Ladies and it was really cute. While we were gone, our babysitter Alison, was holding down the fort with the enemy (Lila) attacking. She through a fit, but Alison held her ground and then when it was time for bed Lila didn't want to go, so Lila said "If you call my mom and dad, I will go to bed!" So smart little Alison, walked out of the room and then came back to Lila and said "Lila, I called your mom and she said 'GO TO BED'". Lila fell for it and when straight to sleep. Man she is a pistol and dad had to handle that situation this morning before he left for work. KU is starting to play for 11-0, better go!



The Avila's

No comments: