Friday, October 16, 2009

Get out of town!!! Hopefully by Christmas at least!



We have a court date!!!! We have a court date!!! We got the call this morning and our 2nd court date is October 26th! All prayers for a successful pass are greatly appreciated!
Last night, I was watching one of Beth Moore's Esther videos. It was the one about waiting and the different reasons why sometimes we wait. It was a tremendous blessing to me and really just spoke total confirmation to me as to what the Lord has been doing in Vince and I's life. She talked about how sometimes the wait has to happen because God has to do something in another person's life before this one thing occurs. That will have to be another story for another time, but it will nonetheless, BLOW your socks off! Another reason is because God wants to use the "wait" time to get closer to you and prepare you for what He has for you by drawing you closer to Him. I have told many friends, how God has truly been faithful to not let this make me anger or bitter, but to use this to actually fall in love with Him more and rest in His timing and not my own. About 4 years ago we lost our close brother-in-Christ, to cancer. It was one of the hardest things I have ever experienced in my life (and I've had a lot), and it took me a good 2 years to trust God and pray my heart out to Him. SO for Him to keep me close to Him throughout all this and to be in love with God, even through the suffering, is only from Him.
I was searching scripture for this one verse last night and couldn't find it and then low and behold there it was. Isaiah 46:11 "Truly I have spoken, truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it, surely I will do it". I prayed, totally honestly "Lord, I completely trust in your timing. Whatever it is, I will be happy with it. I trust you to bring this to pass and no matter how long, I am okay with it."
I am excited and am really praying this will pass and the other family we have gone through this with will pass too. But even if it doesn't, God has it planned and He will surely do it! The above pictures were taking yesterday before we left for the USCIS office to renew our I-600a, as it was only good for 18 months! We left around 6:15 am and hopefully we will never have to go back to that office again!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Hooray!!! You bet we will be praying for you to PASS without a hitch on the 26th. So, so happy to hear the good news.

Love you!!

Megan Eastland said...

I'm praying this does come to pass! AND -- I LOVE the pics of the girls. They are so cute and funny!

Jae Davis said...

Holy cow, Julie. I haven't been able to catch up on blogs for a LONG time because of our moving drama, but you've had drama, too! We will definitely be praying for Titus's adoption to be complete and final and whole in Christ as soon as possible. I wanted to cry reading both your adoption updates and your non-cruise cruise blog. :( Please tell the girls I LOVED the braids and they are troopers for leaving at 6:15 to go renew your needed adoption papers...and kudos to you for doing all those braids and getting them all ready to leave at 6:15 a.m.! Oh, and way to go Vince for firmly requesting the airline send you girls somewhere. Praying for ya, girl!

Justin and Gi said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I was so encouraged to read your post today. Boy I need to trust and relie on the Lords strength too.
Right now my hormones are going crazy after just having Owen. What a good reminder to rest with Jesus, through it all.
I will keep praying.
Hugs, the NC 4