Monday, October 12, 2009

Adoption Date--"Just Kiddin'"

Well, what do you know? We just found out that we never really had a court date, even though time and time again we were reassured "Yes, you have a court date, it just needs to be translated." The Wednesday we got the exciting news, I asked "Are they lying to us??" That was the first of many times I asked that as I was becoming more skeptical of this situation. We found out yesterday at church, after our director had returned from Ethiopia. What I do know is 3 months of being an "open case" our case has to be re-submitted to the court. Our case was reapplied in August and I think the person just assumed we'd have a court date by the end of this month. My thoughts: I trust in God and he is and will be faithful to bring this adoption to completion. Our God is a BIG God and I expect to see him do amazingly more than we could ever ask or imagine, and honestly, I am excited! Of course, this is very maddening, but I am keeping my eyes on the author and perfector of my faith and KNOW we will bring Titus home in his perfect timing. Please pray that God will work mightily on our case (and our friends also) and for our friend Eileen Huffman, who is courageously battling breast cancer. You can find her site here: www.caringbridge.org/visit/eileenhuffman

1 comment:

Mom Of Many said...

I know I already left a comment a few posts down, but had to leave one here too. Love that you are adding another treasure to your home!! Yippee Jesus!!

He sets the lonely in families!!!