Sunday, September 2, 2012

Here's to the teen years...

On May 19th,  Alex turned 13!!  It is really surreal having a teenager.  People (who don't really know her) ask me how it's going having a teenage girl.  They really seem ready for me to tell them how tough it is, but I have the best teenager ever!!  She is so kind, mature, funny, smart, helpful, mothering (to her sisters), encouraging, and giving!  About week two in Emporia, mommy had a meltdown-being sick because of the mold and missing my dear friends, she told daddy, "Go take mom on a ride out in the country.  She needs to get away.  I'll get the kids to bed and you don't have to pay me."  Can you believe that?!  That's just one instance of her kindness towards others!  She really is so dear!!  Happy 13th Sparky!!!  We love you SO MUCH!!  





Her birthday party with her friends!!  I don't know who the off-key singing voice is in the background? :) 
I woke up at 5:30 to use the restroom and I heard giggles coming up from the air vent.   Unbeknownst to me, they had decided to pull an all nighter!!!  Her friends are so sweet, funny, and just all around good girls!!!  So thankful my daughters have wonderful friends!!

No comments: