Thursday, July 30, 2009

Waiting...


August 31, 2007, the Avila's officially started the adoption process. On September 4th, 2008, we received our referral for our precious, chubby-cheeked, little Tariku. He was three months old and we thought, for sure, we'd have him home by Christmas. Now he is just over 14 months old and we are still waiting for news, a court date or something. Things are moving and people are getting court dates and passing and we are waiting. So I go in phases of strong faith, doubt, anger and sadness. (You can throw in a little bitterness and envy--when I read people's complaints that their court date isn't sooner....they'll have to wait a week). And I know I am probably not even the longest running adoption out there, even though I'm probably close.
My Bible opened to Hebrews 12--the discipline chapter. I taught some of theses scriptures to Alex; but never knew it wasn't talking necessarily strictly discipline, but teaching.
"My son, do not make light of the Lord's teaching (discipline), and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord teaches those he loves...No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful, Later on however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Encouraging, I know He is working on me, but discouraging, b/c He could work on me FOREVER! I do appreciate prayers for us and our friends, the Scott's, who are going through this too. I know He has promised me that He will bring this to pass and that He will be our son, I am just fatigued and tired of waiting.
Here is more scripture that God has been showing me...
"For the revelation waits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay....but the righteous will live by faith" Hab. 2:3-4
"May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests...Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God" Psalm 20 (all of its good!) And boy, will I EVER! When I get that call saying "You've passed!" I will be praising God all over the place!

There are so many more, but God has been faithful to bless me with His Word and my many, encouraging sisters in Christ. Thank you!

2 comments:

Justin and Gi said...

Hard, yet we serve such a good God. He is faithful. Press on, Peace-in and Live for the King.
Love ya,
the Himes

Mom Of Many said...

I just had to stop by and say "hi" after your sweet comment on my blog. I want you to know that Hebrews 12 is where God kept us for several years.....not disciplining us cause we were naughty, but because He wanted to TRAIN us to be more like Him...

Awesome scripture!!

xo