Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Colorado Vacation







The Avila's headed to Colorado for a wonderful and much needed vacation. We went to attend our good friends' wedding located close to Telluride. We went to Denver to see some old college buddies. While there we hiked around Red Rocks.








We then headed to Colorado Springs to see Focus on the Family "Whit's End", Garden of the Gods, Pike's Peak (Vince was sweating driving up that mountain), and Cave of the Winds. We also saw the Royal Gorge and the Air Force base. Every time I go to Colorado, I am just amazed at how creative our God is and how good He is to give us beautiful things to look at. I see design stamped all over creation. If you go through Garden of the God's and see all the rocks that look remarkably like two camels kissing, a Scotsman, and Indian, a sleeping giant and many others, I mean "COULD GOD MAKE IT ANY MORE CLEAR!" I love Colorado! I have so many things to say about our trip to Colorado and how much God truly blessed our time while we were there, but I will save it for another post.

2 comments:

Justin and Gi said...

sounds like a blast!
I know...holidays away with the family are So necessary and refreshing!
Hugs,
Gi

Jae Davis said...

We miss y'all already Julie. It was great seeing you and your beautiful family there. I had every good intention of calling the morning we left Naturita without saying bye...we didn't want to wake you if you were sleeping still...but I never picked the phone up. I wanted you to know, though, I SO enjoyed our time together. I was so encouraged by you. We are all praying for your family, the adoption and your big anniversary coming up (wink, wink), among other things. Your number is now in my cell phone, so don't be surprised when I call soon! ;)