Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Grandma K

December 5, 2007



Last night, Grandma Ketchum passed away. She lived a great life well into her 80's and will be greatly missed. Prayers for her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids will be appreciated. Her funeral is this Sat. in St. Joseph. It has been a long time since I have posted, because I want to put pictures with the experiences, but we don't have a good digital camera so I am using other people's pictures. Lots more to come when the pics come in. This past weekend Vince and I went to Lodge of the Four Seasons for a little getaway. Papa and Nana K had purchased 2 nights there for us with babysitting for last years Christmas and we finally got to use it. It was PRICELESS!!! I could actually hear myself talk at a low decibel!!! I read to Vince all the way down there and back. 2 Books: Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover and Red Letters: Living a Faith That Bleeds. Dave's is very good and this is are first month of going to cash on everything. We'll see how it goes. It is amazing how much you hate to hand over cash for something, but it is so easy to swipe the card. Red Letters is AMAZING!! It talks about Jesus' words in the Bible, Jesus' passions which were for the poor, sick, sinner, orphan, widow... He speaks in depth about the AIDS crisis in Africa and the church's lack of empathy and help towards AIDS and its orphans. Again, check out his website at http://www.tomdavis.typepad.com/. You can find ways to help and bless others. Also, Saint's Coffee makes great Christmas gifts!!! I bought 6 lbs. worth, which will feed 6 orphans for a month!!! Check out their site http://www.saintscoffee.com/. This week I had the opportunity to pray for a 3 year old girl, Mary Claire, who is fighting a medullablastoma.

I am strong. I am happy. I am exuberant. I am courageous. If I know what to expect I am not afraid. Fear doesn't come from God. God is near me, I can feel Him. I do not feel afraid. I know I am sick. I know that makes God sad. My dad too. They each gather me into their arms and I know I will be comforted. I feel joyful.You should feel joyful, too. We are celebrating advent. A long time ago when the world was in darkness, the God who loves us sent His son, a light, to be a baby and grow among us. To grow up, share stories and give His life for us. It is hard for a Daddy to know His child will die. We all die. But thanks to God we live everlasting life with Him who knew the number of hairs on our heads before we were born. We will live with Him outside space and time. Like an eternity but different. He numbered our years to 120. He said that was long enough for man to decide whether or not to choose Him.All the visible reminders are around us at the holidays, the reminders to choose Him, the reminders of His vast love. Take a minute to be a child and climb into His arms and hug Him right back. He loves you so much.

I have corresponded with her mother and I would ask you to pray for her and for Caden White also. Also, pray for Brandon's dad, Drew, who is recovering from a heart surgery.
I hope you all are doing well and will post pics as they come in!

The Avila's

No comments: