Monday, March 28, 2011

Memorial Box Monday-The i-Touch and Jessa

This February, our family lost 2 very important things:
1) Our i-Touch
2) Lila's green Blankie.

The i-Touch had been lost for 3 weeks and Lila's blankie, that she sleeps with EVERY night had been gone for a couple of weeks. One morning, while we were doing Bible Study, I told the girls that God knows EXACTLY where those 2 things are and even though we can't see them God can help us to see!

Ears that hear and eyes that see—
the LORD has made them both.
Proverbs 20:12

I said that God wants us to pray even for the small things. He wants us to always come to Him for help!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
Phil. 4:6

We each took turns praying that God would help us find the i-Touch and Lila's blankie. We continued to look whenever we thought about it, but nothing turned up. That night, after the kids went to bed, Vince and I were sitting in the living room on our couch, talking about the day, and I told him about our prayer requests we had made that day. I got up to go look behind the chair for Lila's blankie, and as I was saying "God knows exactly where our i-Touch is and he can give us eyes..." I saw the corner shine. Vince saw it shine at the SAME time too!

I went over to the mantle and there it was! I went CRAZY! That was incredible! I sit underneath the fireplace everyday doing
Bible Study with the girls, and we had passed that mantle hundreds of times in those 3 weeks. And there it was and it shined and we BOTH saw it at the same time! I had to go downstairs and wake Alex up and tell her that God had answered our prayer.


The Blankie on the other hand took some time to find. I was really wanting God to provide Lila her beloved blanket, but we looked, cleaned, looked some more and nothing. One night, well, about 1 am actually, I was praying, just asking the Lord to help me find her blanket, and then I felt I needed to check the sleeping bags. So, at 1 am, I open my closet and unrolled and shook and dug in the bag--nothing! I went to the girls room and went through their 2 bags--nothing. Went downstairs unrolled, shook and dug in the last sleeping bag--nothing! I was so discouraged. This blankie is very special--all my kids have one made from Miss Kerrie. This was horrible. Everyone woke up in the morning, seeing the sleeping bags unrolled all over the place. I think another 2 weeks went by and honestly, I thought her blanket was long gone. We had Mandy, Alex's friend spend the night and early, early in the morning, Lila comes tearing in our room yelling "I FOUND JESSA (her blankie's name)!!! I FOUND MY BLANKIE!" I was thrilled and asked where she found it. It was in the sleeping bag Mandy was sleeping in. I forgot that we had that sleeping bag; the only one I hadn't checked! CRAZY!!!!

It was just so cool to see the girls pour out their requests to God for help and to see him answer!

2 comments:

The Free State Farmgirls said...

How cool! Hey, I love the new look of your blog :)

Odvaha said...

hehehe! it was in my bag! sorry lila!