Monday, February 8, 2010

Keeping My Head UP!



We still don't know when we are leaving to get our hands on Tariku. It has been hard waiting...I should be good at it by know, as I am so close to the end of the LONG journey, and yet still, until he is in my arms, my heart is not complete. The agency representing us in ET told us to give them two weeks to let us know our Embassy date--tomorrow it will be four. The Embassy has to have the paperwork 2 weeks prior to the Embassy appointment date (which we have been planning Feb. 25th). So the LAST day to submit our paperwork is this Thurs. Our reserved flights our scheduled for the 17th; just 6 days later. So I find myself looking at my doubts, hopelessness, longings unfulfilled and not wanting to get my hopes up, just to get them trampled on and then trying to look back at God's amazing faithfulness to me, His fulfilled promises, and how He has provided in ways that have just left me undone by His goodness. I think I have stayed in the prior thought patterns the majority of the time, because my back can't bend, I am breaking out (worse than anything I've experienced in adolescence) and I am just weary. I stood in church last Sunday as we sang:

My heart is glad, that you are my Father
Adopted to you, as sons and daughters
And Your love endures, as You said it would
And my heart sings...


Teach me, the sound of Your voice
With the faith to respond, to love you...
Teach me, to follow you close
With the faith you bestow, to love you...


My heart is glad, to serve you as King
Forgive the times, that I am stubborn
With a humble heart, may I come to you
And my heart sings...

I can't get through that first verse without bawling. He is my perfect Father and He loves perfectly. And I thought God has a gift for me, and He will give it to me when He wants to. And when I finally hold Tariku while I sing praises to God (like I have been imagining every Sunday for the past 18 months) I will be blown away again, by God's goodness to me. I'll be updating when I know something. Thanks for loving our family so well through this...

No comments: