Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weekend News/Adoption Update


So, I will start with good news...we have our I-600 appointment on St. Patrick's Day at 7:30 a.m. This will allow our son to become a US citizen upon adoption finalization. We didn't receive the Shoahannah's Hope grant, but know that God blesses many families through that ministry, and others needed it more than we did. I am applying for one more local grant, so we'll see. But we trust that God has and will continue to provide for us.

This weekend 4 out of 5 were sick. Vince and I, Lila and Haley had the fever, cough, chills, etc. Not a pretty site, but I am glad we are getting it all out of our systems at the same time. We have watched High School Musical and HSM #2 countless times...I think Vince likes it!!!

It has been an emotionally rough weekend for me. I probably read to many hard blogs, but I had to ask you all for prayer for these two families. One family is on the East Coast and the other in Swaziland, Africa. A three year old, little girl named Mary-Claire is dying with a medulloblastoma. I have been praying and following her story for months now, and I read her post and wept bitterly for a good hour on Sat. A month old baby boy named Moses, passed away while some missionaries had taken him to try to nurse him back to health. His mother is dying of AIDS and TB and they had asked the mother if they could help him. He was doing better, but he passed away. The mother had to be carried to her son's funeral; she was too weak. Beautiful, beautiful children. I know this is so depressing, and sometimes I would love to remain ignorant of suffering going on in the world, but God doesn't call us to a life of ease. My girls have been sick, but I know we have medicine, it isn't deadly, and I can help them. I couldn't imagine. I was doing a Bible study lesson and one was about how Christ healed and had compassion on the sick. She related God to a parent and how he loves all of His children the same, but when one of them is sick or in need, he pays special attention to that one child. I know God isn't encumbered by where he can be, and how 'thin' He can be spread, but He does attend to those suffering and calling on Him. If you would pray for these families, it would be a blessing for you and them.

1 comment:

drew said...

Vince likes HSM?....It's all starting to make sense now.