Monday, May 16, 2011

Newest Boy!!





We've been BUSY!!! Meet the newest member of our family: Scotty Dog Avila. Isn't he just precious?! It was truly a God thing how we got him! Vince and I knew we were going to get a dog after our trip in July. We were looking at small terriers; doing our research--watching Cesar Milan!! One Thursday, the day we get together for Bible study, one of my great friends, Jenny, had just returned to Lawrence from Oklahoma, to pick up a Scottish Terrier for her dad. It was going to be a surprise for him, and when he found out about it, he wasn't exactly ecstatic about his gift. I took the girls and T over to play with it, and then we went back home to pick up daddy so he could go see it! We just fell in love!!! That weekend, Jenny still took Scotty to see her dad, just in case he would change his mind, and it was torture for Vince. He came home and first words when he saw me were "has Jenny called yet??" Not, oh, I like your hair (I had just got it whacked). Well, on Friday night Jenny called and Vince answered. His face lit up and he started giggling (you know how he does...) and said "well, I bet the pound will take him!" We got him that Sunday and the girls were thrilled! We couldn't have hand-picked a better dog for our family. Lila has already trained him to sit and I just gave him his first haircut tonight. He reminds me of my childhood dog, Bridgette, whom I adored, and I am so thrilled to have another boy in the house! God definitely blessed us through our friends Jenny and Jim--who just gave him to us!!! Along with a kennel and carpet cleaner (which has been handy!) Thanks so much Jim and Jenny!!!

No comments: